Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dark Ambient


I will be the first to admit Dark Ambient is not for everyone.  Dark Ambient is a self-explanatory genre as it is a type of Ambient music that is meant to have an ominous and ark tone about it’s sound. In some cases this can mean a slightly less creepy form of Halloween music; and I don’t mean the Monster Mash.

The band I specifically love from this genre is Bohren & der Club of Gore. And especially their album Black Earth, the mixing of some brass instruments along piano and drums is as relaxing as many of the bands already posted. You can also check the playlist I made that included their song Maximum Black.

What adds to the instruments is the creepy ambience that sounds the beautiful instrumental arrangements. The album actual feels like it is a soundtrack to a movie about a Thriller. As a student I think you can best use this as a homework album to move you along as you work through whatever the problems you have are. I would probably lean towards math as specific subject it’d be best for but I have used it to work on surveys as well as essays.

Below is just a sample of what is on the album


Black Earth – Download

Bohren & der Club of Gore -  Website - MySpace - Last.fm - 

2 comments:

  1. To be honest I was expecting this to be far more creepy than it actually is. In fact I kind of like it, it's kind of soothing :) Maybe Ill listen to this while I write my next epitch or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Kristen, I think the soothing is from the ambient part! ;) But I hear the dark notes. I still find it less creepy than some Bjork albums...like the one with the whale sounds or whatever. I actually have used that as Halloween music.

    ReplyDelete